Forside» I samarbejde med Naturhistorisk Museum Aarhus Log ind | Opret profil | Hjælp
fyld
22. februar 2019

Forum

Forumoversigt | Start ny tråd | Seneste tråde | Aktive tråde | Ubesvarede tråde | Retningslinjer

Side 1 af 1 - Gå til side 1

Navn Forum -> Karplanter -> Seneste tråde | Aktive tråde | Ny tråd | Ubesvarede tråde

anahi anahi
Arums and Trollius (Læst 2158 gange) Postet d. 04-03-08 kl. 20:32
hello everybody,

I'm a student from switzerland and I'm working ôn the pollination biology of Arum maculatum , Arum cylindraceum and Trollius europaeus in Europe. For this I need to collect some pollinators and some leaves of the plants through the whole distribution of the plants. My problem is that it is important that I arrive at teh sites when plants are in blossom... not before and not after.. just at the right moment... As I can not be everywher all the time to control this, îIt would be great if somebody could tell me when the plants are ready to flower in different parts of the distribution... so I would liek to know if anybody of you could make me this service, and when you see one population of one of these species with tight flowers you tell me, and then I know that blossom is for the next -let's say- week...

I hope somebody will be able to help me... THANKS!!!

Kommentér

Ole B. Lyshede
#1 postet d. 04-03-08 kl. 20:55. Emne: Arums and Trollius
Hi.

Arum maculatum is cultivated, but often escaped to nature in Denmark. A. cylindraceum is not known here at all. We have the wild species Arum alpinum ssp. danicum, mainly in the southern part of DK. Very few know the difference between this and A. maculatum. They must be digged up to investigate their rhizomes.

Trollius is now extremely rare.

If I come over some of these I shall report to you.

Best regards

Ole

Kommentér

Stig Madsen
#2 postet d. 06-03-08 kl. 23:58. Emne: Arums and Trollius
I only know locations for A. maculatum There they start to flower in mid May and reach full blossom from late May to early June.

Kommentér

anahi anahi
#3 postet d. 07-03-08 kl. 09:50. Emne: Arums and Trollius
Hello again. I wanted to make a small remark to complement the answer of Ole Lyshede. In fact, Arum alpinum is considered now as a unique European species under the name of A. cylindraceum (distributed from southern Europe to the south of DK and North of Poland). The plant can be more or less recognized by the shape of the flower (more closed than A. maculatum), the shape of the spadix (more cylindrical, and not bulbous like in the A. maculatum and A. italicum), the size and proportion of the leaves in respect to the inflorescence... but the only way to be completely sure that the species is A. cylindraceum is, as Ole said, taking a look at the rhyzomes, that are quite round, in comparison to A. maculatum and A. italicum which present both elongated rhyzomes.

Kommentér

Poul Evald Hansen
#4 postet d. 07-03-08 kl. 10:05. Emne: Arums and Trollius
In my opiniom you can not use the rhizome-character. Apart from number of chromosomes the only unike character is the colour of the cornet leaf around the flower: whitish-green (A. maculatum) and grass-green in A. alpinum ssp. danicum.

Arum maculatum: - se linket HER

Arum alpinum ssp. danicum: - se linket HER

Poul Evald

Kommentér

Ole B. Lyshede
#5 postet d. 07-03-08 kl. 10:06. Emne: Arums and Trollius
Thanks for your reply and corrections. They were new to me, as it appears. Things move fast these days with alterations of names and position. So my Arum alpinum ssp. danicum is to-day: Arum cylindraceum. Good to know.

Ole

Kommentér

anahi anahi
#6 postet d. 07-03-08 kl. 10:11. Emne: Arums and Trollius
this is a great site! Discussions are really interesting. I wanted however to make another remark to answer Poul Hansen. It is true that the chromosomic number is finally the best character to determine it properly, but in 2003 Bedalov and Kupfer did a very good review of the species of Arum in Europe and the perimediterranean region and they concluded that the other morphological characters can also be used, even if sometimes they are not so clear. But of course, chromosomic number is the very best character... but it can not always be used directly on the field...

Kommentér

Side 1 af 1 - Gå til side 1

Email notificering
Du modtager en e-mail når dit indlæg besvares

Naturbasen ID

Kan du hjælpe med at bestemme arten herunder og færdigøre observationen?

Klik på billedet for mere information

Klik her for avanceret søgning i observationerne

Om www.fugleognatur.dk | Indhold | Vilkår | Kvalitetssikring | Hjælp | Retningslinier | Ordforklaring | Persondatapolitik | Translator